- c4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti (half an 8-ounce box or 1/4th of a 1-pound box)
- 2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (recommended brand: Morningstar Farms)
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 12 corn taco shells (flat-bottomed shells, if available)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
Break pasta in half and prepare per package instructions, about 7 minutes.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add soy crumbles, crushed tomatoes, and taco seasoning, and mix well. Cook and stir until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Mix well. Evenly distribute the pasta among the taco shells, about 1/3 cup per shell. Top each evenly with cheese, onion, and lettuce. Tada!
PER SERVING (1/6th of recipe, 2 tacos): 310 calories, 7.5g fat, 728mg sodium, 41.5g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 22g protein