Bagels with Smoked Salmon and Whitefish Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked whitefish, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For serving:
- 6 bagels, sliced in thirds horizontally
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Sliced tomatoes and thinly sliced red onions
With your hands, flake the whitefish, being careful to discard all the skin and bones. In a medium bowl, gently combine the whitefish with the red onion, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.