- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon La Boite Spice Mix (see separate recipe)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears. Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil. Spread the potatoes in one layer. Combine the spice mix, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.
La Boite Spice Mix:
- Recipe courtesy La Boite
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chili
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Into a bowl add the turmeric, basil, chili, and mustard seed. Grind together in pestle and mortar or a clean coffee grinder the black pepper and coriander seed and add to the other spices.
Grind together the cumin and caraway seed as above and add to the spices and mix everything together.
Cook Notes: Ina substituted 1 tablespoon of a custom-made spice mix from La Boete a Epice for the light brown sugar in this recipe.