Bangers and Mash
- 2 pounds fresh veal or chicken sausages (8 large sausages)
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, diced
- 4 ounces creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain or coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon of salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return them to the saucepan. Add the butter, creme fraiche, milk, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, dry mustard, 1 tablespoon salt, and the pepper and beat the potatoes in the pan with a handheld mixer on low speed until very smooth and creamy.
To serve, mound a generous portion of potatoes on a dinner plate and top with sausages that have been cut in half diagonally. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
2010, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved