Crunchy Noodle Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions (with and green parts), sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring another large pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, return to a boil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp tender. Lift the sugar snap peas from the water with a slotted spoon and immerse them in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
Combine the spaghetti, sugar snap peas, peppers and scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the spaghetti mixture. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and the parsley and toss together.
2006, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence