- Crushed ice
- 2 - 1 1/2 pound lobsters, cooked and sliced in half lengthwise
- Lemon Mayonnaise (see recipe)
- 8 celery sticks with leaves attached, sliced in half lengthwise and then crosswise
- Loaf sourdough bread, sliced
To assemble: Pour the crushed ice onto a serving platter and place a small bowl and a drinking glass in the middle of the platter. Arrange the lobster halves on top of the ice. Pour the Lemon Mayonnaise in the small bowl and place the celery sticks in the glass. Arrange bread slices around the outside edge of the platter and serve.
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Place the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice and capers in a medium bowl and whisk together. Add the dill, salt and pepper and whisk again. Yield: 1/2 cup.