Fresh Corn Salad
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond