- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
For the gremolata, toss the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, and pine nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain the beans and pat them dry. Add the beans to the pan and saute, turning frequently, for 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through. Off the heat, add the gremolata and toss well. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and serve hot.
Per Serving (based on a 4-serving yield): Calories 159; Total Fat 13 grams; Saturated Fat 2 grams; Protein 4 grams; Total Carbohydrate 10 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber 3.5 grams; Cholesterol 3 milligrams; Sodium 426 milligrams