Green Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature*
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Salad greens or mesclun mix for 6 to 8 people
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Toss the greens with enough dressing to moisten and serve.
Note: If you're worried about raw egg, eliminate it from the recipe.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Copyright 2002, Barefoot Contessa Family Style, All Rights Reserved