Juice of a Few Flowers
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 cup good vodka, such as Grey Goose or Finlandia (optional)
- Extra lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs
Combine the orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, lime juice, and vodka, if using, in a pitcher. Dip the rim of 6 martini glasses first in a dish with lemon juice and then a dish with sugar. Set aside to dry.
When ready to serve, place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, add the cocktail mixture to fill the shaker three-quarters full, and shake for about 30 seconds. It's important to shake for a full 30 seconds to get the drink very cold and dilute it slightly with the ice. Pour into the sugared martini glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint. Continue filling the shaker with ice and cocktail mixture until all the drinks are poured. Serve ice cold.
2008, Barefoot Contessa, Back to Basics, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse