Lobster and Shells
- Kosher salt
- Good olive oil
- 1 pound small pasta shells, such as Ronzoni
- Kernels from 8 ears of corn (about 6 cups)
- 12 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and small-diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds cooked fresh lobster meat, medium-diced
- 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups minced fresh dill
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt and some olive oil. Add the pasta and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Add the corn to the pasta and cook it for another 2 minutes, until the corn is tender. Drain the pasta and corn together in a colander and pour them into a large mixing bowl. Add the scallions, diced pepper, tomatoes, and lobster, tossing gently to combine. Allow to cool slightly.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, 4 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper until smooth. Pour over the pasta and mix well to bind the ingredients. Stir in the dill. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for up to 6 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Check the seasonings and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.