Mache with Warm Brie and Apples
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick diagonally
- 12 ounces good French Brie, cut into 4 wedges
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons roasted and salted pistachios
- 4 ounces mache leaves (8 to 10 ounces with roots attached)
- 1 tablespoon syrupy aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
Arrange the 4 wedges of Brie snugly in one layer in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Drizzle the honey over the wedges and then scatter the pistachios over the top. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes (depending on the ripeness of the Brie) until the Brie just begins to ooze but isn't melted. Be careful-it happens fast!
Place the mache in a large bowl and toss it gently with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 large salad plates and place a piece of the warm Brie with the pistachios in the center of each plate. Place a quarter of the apple slices on each plate fanned out on one side of the Brie. Place 2 or 3 slices of toasted baguette on the other side of the Brie and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the honey still in the baking dish and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.