Roasted Eggplant Spread
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, cayenne and salt and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.
Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the lemon juice and tahini, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and add the chopped parsley. Garnish with extra parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.