Roasted Shrimp with Feta
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups medium-diced fennel
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds (16 to 20 per pound) peeled shrimp with tails on
- 5 ounces good feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (see note)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 lemons
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 10-or 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Add the fennel and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until the fennel is tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes with the liquid, tomato paste, oregano, Pernod, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Arrange the shrimp, tails up, in one layer over the tomato-mixture in the skillet. Scatter the feta evenly over the shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, and lemon zest with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle over the shrimp.
Bake for 15 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked and the bread crumbs are golden brown. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the shrimp. Serve hot with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
2010 Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten