Rotisserie Chicken with Satay Sauce
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2/3 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons good red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 rotisserie chicken
Cook the olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small, heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent, 10 to 15 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry, and lime juice; cook for 1 more minute. Cool.
Using a sharp knife, carefully remove the entire breast of the rotisserie chicken and slice it diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Skewer the chicken slices with wooden sticks and serve with the sauce. Reserve the remaining chicken.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.