- Total Time:
- 1 hr 55 min
- 10 min
- 1 hr 30 min
- 15 min
- 4 dozen cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 -pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 9 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, pureed in a food processor
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk, for egg wash
Add the cheese and butter to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until light. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling. Press the filling lightly into the dough. Cut the circles into 12 equal wedges-cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge. Arrange the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet(s) lined with parchment paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush each cookie with the egg wash. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven to a wire rack and let cool. Arrange on a large platter and serve.