- For frosting the glasses (optional):
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Cognac or good brandy
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Maraschino cherries or lemon peel, to garnish
If you want to frost the glasses, dip the rim or 4 martini glasses in a shallow plate of lemon juice and then in the sugar. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
Combine the Cognac, Triple Sec, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Pour some into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and pour into the glasses. Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel.
Copyright 2003, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved