Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 pints (8 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced thick
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving
Thirty minutes to an hour before serving, combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
Place a serving of the strawberries in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream on top and dust lightly with lemon zest.
2011, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved