Summer Garden Pasta
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Combine the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
Just before you're ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful - it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved