- 2 pounds very fresh tuna steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 limes, zest grated
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 10 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 to 2 ripe Hass avocados, medium diced
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side. Set aside on a platter.
Cut the tuna in chunks and place it in a large bowl. Add the scallions and red onion and mix well. Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tuna and carefully mix.