- 3 stalks celery from the heart, including leaves, plus extra for serving
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 dashes hot sauce, or to taste (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 (48-ounce) bottle tomato juice (recommended: Sacramanto)
Cut the celery in large dice, including the leaves, and puree in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the horseradish, shallot, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, kosher salt, Tabasco and lime juice and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large pitcher, add the tomato juice, and stir.
Pour into tall glasses and serve each with the top half of a celery stalk.
2009, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved