Indoor Fish Barbecue
- 18 -20 ounce swordfish steak(s), skin removed
- Optional - hardwood chips, wok, foil and cake rack for impromptu indoor barbecue smoker
- 4 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Vegetable oil
(You can first give the swordfish a "barbecued" smoky flavor in the following way. (Open windows wide.) Line a wok with foil. Set some hardwood chips in wok. Set a cake rack 2 inches above hardwood and set swordfish on rack. Heat wok and when smoke rises, cover fish lightly with foil, then with wok lid and smoke for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.)
Stuff fish with mixture and grill or broil (2 inches away from heat source) 3 to 4 minutes a side or until just cooked through). Cut into thin diagonal slices and serve over roasted pepper salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.