Arugula, Avocado and Fennel Salad
- 2 medium Hass avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds and outer layer removed, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups arugula, washed, dried, and any long or tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a knife halve the avocado, remove the pit, then slice. Place the slices in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and toss gently with a rubber spatula to coat. Add the fennel, the onions and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and gently toss together.
Place the arugula leaves, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the avocados and fennel and toss together. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Arugula, Avocado, Papaya and Jicama Salad with Pomegranate Dressing and Tortilla Chip Croutons, Fennel, Radish and Chive Salad, Arugula and Romaine Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette, Cole Slaw Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Salad Dressing, Potato Salad Recipes