Arugula, Avocado, and Fennel Salad
- 2 medium Hass avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds and outer layer removed, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups arugula, washed, dried, and any long or tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a knife halve the avocado, remove the pit, then slice. Place the slices in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and toss gently with a rubber spatula to coat. Add the fennel, the onions and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and gently toss together.
Place the arugula leaves, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the avocados and fennel and toss together. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.