- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper and let the mixture simmer until the shrimp are partially cooked through and beginning to curl, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the ketchup and the oregano and simmer until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 2 more minutes. Add the brandy and parsley, stir to combine, remove from the heat and serve.