Mini Cuban Burgers (Fritas)
- 1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large yellow onion, grated on the large-hole side of a box grater
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, plus extra for serving
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 mini hamburger rolls or Cuban rolls
Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Cover with milk and soak for 2 minutes. Add the onion, the beaten egg, ground beef, lime juice, ketchup, garlic powder, salt, and paprika and work the ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon just until combined. Form the mixture into 12 small 1-inch thick patties and refrigerate them for at least 45 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1/2 of the burgers and brown them on each side, flipping with spatula, 5 to 7 minutes. Set the fritas on the rolls and cook the remaining burgers. Serve with generous amounts of ketchup.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.