- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 15 min
- 30 min
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 to 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4 scallions, sliced lengthwise then crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated cheese such as Edam or Gouda
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cover the potatoes in cold, salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium-high heat for approximately 20 minutes or until tender in the center.
In a separate skillet and on medium heat, heat the oil and gently cook the chicken bouillon cube, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and scallions for about 5 minutes. Add the cream, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper and continue to cook until the cheese has melted. Set aside.
Drain the potatoes and place them in a serving dish. Pour the tomato and scallion mixture over the potatoes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve hot.