- (2 to 3-pound) pork tenderloin, cut in 1 1/2-inch slices, quartered
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 2 tablespoons papaya nectar or juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup regular barbecue sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Delicioso Adobo, recipe follows
- 20 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated queso fresco or farmer's cheese
- 3 avocados, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
Mix all ingredients (except tortillas, cheese, avocados, and cilantro) together in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Shred the pork, using 2 forks, or mashing with a potato masher. Put shredded pork back into sauce and mix ingredients. Cover up and cook on low for another 10 to 15 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook a tortilla about 2 minutes on each side. Spoon some pork onto the tortilla and top with 4 to 5 avocado pieces and cilantro. Heat up another tortilla until toasted and add cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Place the second tortilla cheese side down on top of the pork and avocado. Cut into 4 slices and repeat process. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon achiote powder from annatto seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Add all ingredients and mix together.