Red Bean Beach Salad
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, cored, halved and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 small red or yellow onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
Mix the beans, celery, tomatoes, pickles, and onion together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, cloves, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour the salad dressing over the beans and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.