- 2/3 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 orange, thinly sliced into rounds, for garnish
Whisk the rum, orange juice, orange zest, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, and cilantro together in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken on the grill and cook until browned on both sides and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes per side, basting with leftover marinade a few times throughout. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and garnish with the orange slices.