- 8 cups marinara sauce
- 14 semolina lasagna noodles, cooked
- 14 spinach lasagna noodles, cooked
- Breaded eggplant
- 12 to 14 thin slices Provolone cheese
- Lemon ricotta mixture
- 12 to 14 thin slices of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup basil, freshly chopped
In the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking pan, spoon 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. Cover it with a layer of 3 or 4 spinach lasagna noodles to cover the bottom of the pan. Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce over the pasta, followed by 1 layer of breaded eggplant (about 8 slices). Cover the eggplant with a layer of Mozzarella, about 6 to 8 slices, cover with sauce and a layer of semolina lasagna and spread the lemon ricotta mixture evenly over the top. Cover with a layer of spinach lasagna noodles (6 to 8) and a layer of Provolone cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Refrigerate the lasagna until ready to bake. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly and golden brown. Allow 15 minutes for the lasagna to set before cutting and serving.