- 2 cups hot water
- 1 whole cleaned striped bass, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons julienned ginger
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, sliced in large pieces
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Lemon or lime wedges, for garnish
Place 2 cups hot water in a steamer. Place the fish in the steamer and top with the ginger and green onions. Steam, covered, for 8 to 9 minutes.
In a small saucepan, bring the oil to a gentle boil. Remove the fish from the steamer with a flexible nonstick spatula. Place fish on a deep platter or one with an edge. Pour hot oil over fish for a sizzling presentation. Garnish with fresh lemon or lime wedges. Serve immediately.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.