- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, oregano and chili powder
- 1/2 pound ground lean beef
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chili
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salsa
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 "instant" lasagne sheets
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a skillet heat the olive oil. Saute the onion for 5 minutes or until tender, then add the garlic, spices, herbs and ground beef and saute until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and add the spaghetti sauce, green chilis and salsa and season well to taste with salt and pepper.
Soak the lasagne sheets in hot water. As they soften remove them from the bowl and pat them dry.
Spoon 1/2 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan and top with a sheet of lasagne. Spread the pasta with dabs of ricotta and some meat sauce. Sprinkle with some Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat the layering until you have used all the ingredients, ending with a sheet of lasagne, completely covered with the sauce (even the corners). Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the lasagne set for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.