Island Ahi Burgers with Cilantro-Chile-Lime Sauce
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ahi tuna fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 seeded Kaiser rolls, split
- 1 large Maui onion (or other sweet onion), thinly sliced
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 package radish or sunflower sprouts
Sauce: Char peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blistered on all sides. Enclose in a paper bag and let stand 15 minutes. Peel peppers, remove stem and seeds, and dice. Measure 1/4 cup diced peppers into a small bowl and add mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and salt; stir well.
Burgers: Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat egg and stir in panko, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add ahi and combine gently; form 4 patties.
Heat vegetable oil on nonstick griddle over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Toast rolls under broiler during last few minutes of cooking. Spread sauce on roll bottom and top with onion, tomato, sprouts, and additional sauce. Add roll tops and devour.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.