- 1 slice fresh or packed in juice pineapple
- 1 frozen meatless soy burger patty (about 90 calories), thawed
- 1 tablespoon thick teriyaki sauce (20 to 25 calories per tablespoon)
- 1 slice fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1 small light hamburger bun (about 80 calories)
- 2 thick slices tomato
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
Cook's Note: Can't find 80-calorie buns? Get the lowest-calorie ones you can find, and adjust the nutritionals for this recipe accordingly.
Bring a skillet or grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Place the pineapple in the skillet and cook until slightly blackened and caramelized, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
Add patty to the skillet and cook until hot, about 2 minutes per side. Place cheese slice on top of the patty while still in the skillet.
Spread the mayonnaise on the top half of the bun, and finish your burger off with the bun's top 1/2. Now CHOMP!
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 270 calories, 2.5g fat, 1,264mg sodium, 42g carbs, 9g fiber, 13g sugars, 24g protein