- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced onion
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded provel cheese (a mixture of Cheddar, Swiss, and Provolone)
- 6 (12-inch) flour tortillas (recommended: Cheddar-Jalapeno flavor)
- Alfredo or marinara sauce, to serve
Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, jalapenos, garlic, and seasoned salt and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool a bit, then mix in the spinach, bread crumbs, and cheeses. While still warm, put a couple of tablespoons of the mixture in each tortilla and roll up (it should be approximately 1-inch in diameter). To serve, cut tortillas in 3-inch sections, reheat in the microwave, and top with Alfredo or marinara sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.