- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 halibut steaks or fillets
Create an Italian herb baste by mixing together the olive oil, Italian seasoning, parsley, basil, shallots, garlic, and Parmesan in a bowl.
Preheat a grill to medium, using mesquite wood. Coat the halibut in the Italian herb baste and place fish on the grill. Grill, turning often to avoid burning, until fish is opaque and a knife slides in easily.
Remove from heat and serve halibut with fresh vegetables and a starch of choice.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Tadich Grill