- 50 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 25 Blue Point oysters, cleaned
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeds removed
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup diced tomato, seeds removed
- 1 habanero chile, finely diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Corn tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Scatter the clams and oysters on a baking sheet and roast in the oven just until they begin to open up, 5 to 7 minutes. This will make the shucking process easier.
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice and lime juice. Stir to combine.
Shuck the oysters and clams, with their natural juices, into the bowl. Chop the shrimp and add to the bowl. Stir gently to combine the seafood with the citrus juice. Cover and allow to sit for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Add the cucumbers, red onions, cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and chile to the seafood and mix well. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix again and allow to sit in the refrigerator for an additional 1 1/2 hours before serving.
Serve chilled, with corn tortilla chips.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.