Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, (24 tomatoes)
- 1 tub (16 ounce) marinated fresh mozzarella balls, (Ciligiene 24½ ounce balls)
- 1 package (2.5 ounces) fresh basil leaves
- 24 small skewers, wooden or other decorative picks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic syrup* (can substitute with balsamic vinegar) *Balsamic syrup is available in finer grocery stores.
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the sausage according to the package directions for the grill or in a skillet.
2. Cut each sausage into 4 to 5 pieces.
3. Assemble each skewer alternating ingredients: tomato, basil, mozzarella, and sausage.
4. Arrange skewers on a platter, drizzle with Extra Virgin olive oil and balsamic syrup.
5. Sprinkle with salt and a grinding of fresh black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.