- 16 corn husks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 -ounce chicken base dissolved in 2 ounces cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds coarsely ground pork butt
Heat a smoker or grill to 250 degrees F.
Soak corn husks in warm water for 15 minutes. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and add the ground pork. Combine well. Put approximately 6 ounces of the sausage mixture 8 of the open wet corn husks. Put another corn husk on top and wrap and tie each end with string. Smoke until the sausage temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the husks to a serving platter and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Backyard Baby Back Ribs(00:03:52)
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay