- 16 corn husks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 -ounce chicken base dissolved in 2 ounces cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds coarsely ground pork butt
Heat a smoker or grill to 250 degrees F.
Soak corn husks in warm water for 15 minutes. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and add the ground pork. Combine well. Put approximately 6 ounces of the sausage mixture 8 of the open wet corn husks. Put another corn husk on top and wrap and tie each end with string. Smoke until the sausage temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the husks to a serving platter and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Bob Palmgren, owner of R.J's Bob-Be-Que Shack in Mission, Kansas
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay