- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 small Scotch Bonnet pepper, minced (do not touch face or eyes after handling; immediately wash hands)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can coconut milk
- 8 ounces chicken stock
Heat the oil in a medium-size saucepot at a medium heat. Add the onions, ginger, and Scotch Bonnet peppers; let saute for 5 to 8 minutes. Add butter and curry powder and let sit until curry powder turns a dark gold. Add the chicken and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for another couple of minutes before adding the coconut milk. Let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.