- 1 pint plain tomato sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup stout or full flavored beer, remainder to be consumed immediately by cook
- Spices, to taste (Jamaica is multi-ethnic and so is this sauce - African, Spanish, Indian, Chinese)
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin or brown curry powder
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or as you like it)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients in a large pot or saucepan. Heat over medium heat, until thickened and slightly reduced. Cool and store in plastic containers or jars in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Preheat grill to high.
For ribs, place on grill without sauce and sear both sides. Use tongs. (Not forks, which allow juices to run.). Paint both sides with sauce. Place on grill and sear first side, approximately 5 minutes. Turn and repaint seared side. Remove after approximately 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.