Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 12 pieces bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined, 12 shrimp per pound)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rooster sauce ( sriracha sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with foil. Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
Whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest in a large bowl. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and toss into the olive oil mixture. Let sit and marinate while the bacon cools, about 15 minutes.
Add the honey, rooster sauce and smoked paprika to a small bowl and stir together until blended. Reserve.
Once the bacon is cool, wrap each shrimp with the half slice of bacon and thread with a skewer. Thread the shrimp through the center of its body and through the bacon, securing it. Thread 3 shrimp per skewer.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen