- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- One 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (with their juices)
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked pulled pork
- Half 16-ounce bag frozen corn kernels
- Half 16-ounce bag frozen baby lima beans
- Pinch salt and ground pepper
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Cornbread or soda crackers, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once melted and foamy, add the garlic and onions and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, cayenne, smoked pork, lima beans, corn and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook over medium-low until thick and stewey, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring on occasion.
Serve with hot sauce, cornbread or soda crackers.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen