Chicken Salad in Toast Cups
- 6 slices soft wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Press each slice of bread into the cup of a muffin tin. Brush with the melted butter. Bake until golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and completely cooked through, about 50 minutes. Cool completely.
Remove the skin from the chicken. Shred the meat with a fork and then roughly chop. Add to a bowl with the grapes, mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, celery, and salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Divide the chicken salad among the toast cups.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman