Chopped Crunch Salad
- Chopped Salad:
- 1 cup slender green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 heart of romaine, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad: Add the green beans, celery, avocado, carrot, romaine, cucumber, cheese and basil to a large bowel. Mix together.
For the dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and some salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the salad ingredients and toss well.
Recipe courtesy Jamie Deen