Chopped Grilled Summer Salad
- One 10.5-ounce container grape tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, sliced longwise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs removed, sliced into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper, ribs removed, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls arugula
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat.
Add the tomatoes, zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers and onions to a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle liberally with the olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, tossing to coat all the veggies in the oil. Place in a grill basket and grill until tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. If using an indoor grill pan, you will need to grill in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan and steaming the veggies.
Remove the charred vegetables to a cutting board and rest until cool enough to handle. Chop into bite-size pieces. Add the chopped vegetables, arugula and basil to a large bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic and a small drizzle of olive oil, season with some salt and pepper and toss it all together.
More Recipes and Ideas:
"Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Grilled Potato Salad, Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant Salad with Honey-Thyme Vinaigrette, Heart Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Grilling Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.