Daddy Deen's Brownies
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Sundae Toppings:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Good-quality hot fudge sauce
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped walnuts
- Homemade Whipped Cream, recipe follows
- Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DirectionsFor the Brownies:
Add the walnuts to a skillet. Toast until fragrant. Remove from the skillet and roughly chop.
Whisk together the sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Add the vanilla to the melted butter and vigorously whisk into the dry ingredients until blended. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until completely mixed together. Add the flour and walnuts and stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 2-inch squares.For the Homemade Whipped Cream:
Add the whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer and turn the speed to medium. Once it starts to thicken up, add the sugar and vanilla and beat until medium-firm peaks form.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.