- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup good extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Add the tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, bell pepper and shallot to a large bowl and toss together with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Add to a blender and blend until smooth (you may have to do this in batches). Then drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar with the blender running. Place back in the bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to develop and for the soup to chill.
Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Recipe courtesy Jamie Deen