Going Green Leaf Salad
- 1 large bunch leafy green lettuce (about 8 ounces)
- 1 honey crisp apple, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachio pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing Two Ways, recipe follows
- Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing Two Ways:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Dash hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Wash well and dry the lettuce. Using your hands, tear the lettuce and add to a large bowl along with the apples, nuts and dried cherries. Drizzle in about 1/2 cup Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing, or more if you like. Toss well with tongs.Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing Two Ways:
Add the buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, chives, garlic, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste to a 2 cup mason jar. Cover with the lid and shake until well combined.
Take Two: To make this dressing blue cheese, crumble in 1/2cup of crumbled blue and mash with a fork.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman